This evening I had an appointment with my Doctor to get the results from the x-ray I had a couple of weeks ago. The result was good, I have no fractures or breaks in my hip but the reason for this pain remains a mystery. So on with the investigations it seems. I now have to have a blood test next week to rule out a few other things. Then due to the nature of the tests I will have to wait another 3 weeks for the results. I know this has to be done but I am not impressed if I am honest. It has been over two months since I ran and I am no closer to finding out what is wrong with me. The 5K is getting closer and closer and at this rate it is going to be an epic fail…I am pretty pissed off.
As the majority of my pain is when I am in a lying position (so pretty much most of the night) I could try to run on it (actually I think what I do is closer to a jog!) The hip is excruciatingly painful during the night and first thing in the morning but it loosens up over the course of the day. I now know that I have no fractures so I guess I have to decide if I want to chance it…what do you think? My regular run time is in the evening and that is the time of day when I am in the least pain…Should I chance it?